9/18/2011

WHO WORE IT BEST?

The 63rd Prime Time Emmy Awards (2011) marked yet another milestone for fashion especially on the RED CARPET! I know there was a lot of talk this year about the trendy "reds" that were worn by some of our favorites (Kate Winslet, Sofia Vergara, Lea Michele, etc), but I'll have to divert from the majority opinion this year and go with my own.  Don't get me wrong; Kate Winslet, Sofia Vergara, and Lea Michele all looked gorgeous in their red gowns, however, there were others who rocked theirs better and as a result their trends will be longer lasting. The Eikonic favorites for this year's most fashionable for the Emmy's goes to: FIRST-Heidi Klum, SECOND-Julianne Hough, and THIRD-Aubrey Plaza! It's after labor day, and "white" still reigns! I also see a trend of mixing whites with other close soft colors such as beige or other soft metalics along with a mix of material such as Julianne Hough's shown below.
Heidi Klum
Julianne Hough
              
Aubrey Plaza


                 





The look that did NOT make the cut with me tonight is Gweneth Paltrow's black lace ensemble. I usually love the way she dresses but this year's Emmy's was not it! It was as if Bollywood met Ms. Jeenie and had a wardrobe malfunction; not too impressed. Til next time!
~HE~

No comments:

Post a Comment