1/06/2010

BATTLE OF THE BOOTS




'Tis the season to bring them out...knee highs, mid calf's, closed toe, peep toe, stiletto heeled, flats...whatever you prefer, it's time to bring the boots out! While shopping for boots for this season, I noticed there is a tremendous shortage of pointy toed styles. This year consists of more round toed styles along with stacked platform heels. If you have a pair of pointy toed boots in your closet, please save them as they may be very handy during times like this.
Remember that boots can be worn in many different ways: with dresses, skirts, buttoned up knee-length pea coats along with fish net stockings, shorts (with knee/thigh high boots), and pants(over or under when worn with jeans) and (under) when worn with dress pants. I've came into contact with a particular individual who consistently tucks in her dress pants into her boots. At no time is this ever acceptable! This ladies, is not an innovation in the fashion world, instead it's a major fashion FLOP.

3 comments:

  1. I agree girl.Total no no to tuck dress pants into boots...and I am SOOOO glad that fad of wearing boots with dress capri pants is soooo gone! I got really tired of seeing girls looking like they were about to walk the plank with boots on resembling a peg leg and pants looking like a shark attacked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Huldah...CONGRATS on your blog spot... this will most definitely come in handy for me. You know I have a tacky, I don't care what I wear side... that's coming to an end... slowly but surely...especially with this resource!

    ques: where do you recommend purchasing quality inexpensive boots. I haven't been shopping in months-almost years for shoes... let alone boots... and I don't know where to start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crystal,
    Thank you for referring to my blog as your fashhion source. Before I can answer your question about inexpensive boots, let me first ask you what your taste in boots are. Do you like high-heels, medium, or low?
    I may have a site available for you. Try: Shoe Ocean.com. The have an array of styles of boots, sandals, sneakers, etc, at very reasonable prices. Shipping is a little high, but their shoes are definitely worth the buy! Please feel free to ask me any more questions you may have. 'Til next time!

    ReplyDelete